Saturday, February 7, 2009

Autism Sunday.

February 8th is Autism Sunday. So here are some prayers...

A Prayer for the Autistic Community
Gracious Father,
Thank you for giving us your Son
To teach us and forgive us.
He suffered and died for us,
And while he was on this earth
He healed the sick
And touched the lives
Of everyone.
We now commit the lives
Of all autistic people in our nation
Into Your loving care.
We ask you to lay
Your hands on them
And give them
Your peace.
Give them the power of the Holy Spirit
To make them whole.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.

From a Child -
Jesus, Thank you
That you are there for me
There are many things
I'd like to do better-
Like speaking and writing.
I ask you to help me.
You have already helped me in many ways.
Sometimes I see the world in pictures -
I like to draw, to watch TV.
I like to do many more things,
Which I can't do.
So please lay your hands on me
And bless me.
Be with me Lord Jesus
At home and in school.
Thank you for my parents, my family,
My teachers and support workers
And all those who are helping me.
Thank you Jesus,
Amen.

Vernon Corea was a Lay Reader in Wimbledon, England
Vernon Corea presented 'London Sounds Eastern' (Produced by the late Keith Yeomans) on BBC Radio London 206 in the late 1970s and 1980s.
Vernon Corea's Prayers for Autism

No comments:

Post a Comment