Thursday, May 14, 2009

First my exhaustion.

Okay, so I know, so far this blog has been jumbled up...hard to follow. I think that's my life right now..hard to follow. This isn't the beginning, nor is it the end. I think even for us, it's hard to follow what's going on, so I'll break it into two. First....my exhaustion.hat'



Yes, physically, I'm spent. I should work out, but at this time, I can't...it's too difficult to squeeze it in. What's really tiring me out...is the medical community. I recently found out that the insurance we just dropped was actually going to pay for everything, they were waiting for my son's medical record...that were requested in November. Funny thing *not really* I had called several times making sure they were sent. The nurse said everything was faxed..lies...all lies. So, I'm getting the medical records this Monday and sending them myself. Then, the speech and occupational evaluation, not sent...I had to call 5 times to get it sent. Seriously...how hard is it to punch in 10 numbers and send it. Whatever. It's done..I'm persistent.



So, today we went to the DAN! doctor. He gave us a list of supplements. YAY! We're going back on the GF/CF diet. BOO! Oh, I get to take poo samples, that'll be fun. Actually, I don't think I've ever been so comfortable with poo in all my life. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. whatever. So, BOTH my children--and me--will be on the diet. It's really not a bad thing, it's just going back to basics...before the refined food. Oh yeah, we won't be doing all the cookies and cakes, etc...what's the point if you're loading up your kids with sugar?? right??

Next we have the psych eval in order to get our new insurance to pay for ABA. Sweet. Can't complain there. Next, new speech eval, neurology follow-up, and then OT eval...oops, and then another DAN! doctor appt for biomedical.

Luckily, Kai's school end next week. Driving so far was really killing me and our daughter...it was all too much.

So, he still has ABA 15hrs a week and will stop in August. Speech and OT will begin in August. I think I'm going to hold out on the floortime until September, he already had the eval and will be in a group setting, not an individual. His play skills are awesome *we play with him alot..and his 20mos old sister is one awesome therapist. His special school starts again in September.

We started PPCD with him and I hate it. They had the gall to tell me that they're not used to seeing such smart children with autism. I almost slapped the hoe. He will attend their summer program...3wk sessions. That's it. It's just not for us.

So this is why I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment